I was going through my portfolio recently and realized that after 8 or so years of practicing interior design, I have never done a bachelor pad! Really! That so needs to change!
Sure, my marketing efforts are usually geared towards women and families, and not necessarily to single men, but after 8 years I am in search of a sexy bachelor to design his pad into a swanky, sexy retreat.
So if you a bachelor out there with a nice space, but questionable décor (namely the black leather sofa), this could be your moment 🙂
While decorating for a bachelor is not limited to any one design style, they usually have a few things in common.
1) They are usually contemporary and modern with a masculine and minimal feel. In the photo above, you will notice the clean lines of the leather sofa. You will also notice the use of glass and metal finish on the tables which add to the contemporary feel. The use of the “tulip chair” look-alike is an element of the modern style, and can often be found in decorating bachelor pads.
2) They usually have a natural or organic element added to the mix. Whether it is the use of materials for cabinetry, countertops and flooring, or just one art piece as a focal point, you can often find a bold natural element in most bachelor pads
3) They usually have a bold geometric or graphic pattern. You will see from the photos above that the rugs have a bold graphic black and white stripe that are quite eye-catching in the rooms. You will also notice the chevron pattern in the pillows above.
4) Although they are contemporary, they are usually not stark and cold. A well put together bachelor pad will have some warmth to it. Even if cooler tones are used, they should still feel livable and inviting.
5) They are usually pretty trendy, but not over the top. The pieces selected are usually well thought out and artfully placed. Each piece makes a statement and there is no need for a lot of fluff to make the room work. Notice the scale of the sectional and table in this space. They fill the room quite nicely without the need for a lot more furniture. The window treatment is simple and elegant. Everything flows, and no one piece is trying to steal the show
So, designing for a bachelor is just a bit different from decorating for a family with children, or different personalities and personal design styles.
Of course, most bachelors will someday be a family man; their space should easily transition to include a family.
In order for Casa Vilora Interiors to tap into the “bachelor market” I am offering a very special discount for a limited time on our design fees if your project is a bachelor pad
So if you’ve been on the fence about hiring a Designer to swank up your bachelor pad, now is the time to take advantage of this unprecendented special promotion that will not be offered again! This is the perfect time to makeover your pad and save big, just in time for Spring!
Fill out the form below if you are interested in scheduling a consultation for your space. Be sure to include your phone number so we can call to discuss your needs.
[contact-form subject=’Bachelor Pad Promo’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Phone’ type=’text’/][contact-field label=’Bachelor Pad?’ type=’select’ options=’Yes,No’/][contact-field label=’Tell Me A Bit About Your Project’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]
Wishing You Beauty and Inspiration!